Kitty Devore Rescue showcases our adoptable kitties at the Santa Ana Petsmart adoption center and we’re always in need of responsible, reliable volunteers to ensure our kitties enjoy a comfortable in-store stay while there.
To be eligible for consideration as a volunteer, fill out our Petsmart In-Store KD Volunteer Application and Agreement. Volunteers should be over the age of 18. If not, the applicant will need a parent or legal guardian willing to submit our Parental Consent Form and attend your scheduled volunteer shifts with you.
Volunteers must also have an active Facebook account as schedules and information is posted regularly in the crew’s Facebook group forum.
KD Volunteer Crew duties include:
• Feeding the KD Kitties in attendance for in-store stays
• Ensuring kitties have an adequate water supply
• Cleaning litter boxes
• Ensuring bedding and kennels are clean
• Ensuring the floors in the area enclosed area are swept and clean
• Allowing kitties out of their kennels in the secured environment to stretch their legs and play
• Checking over the kitties bodies to ensure they are flea and injury free
• Playing with the kitties
• Securing kitties in their kennels when the shift duties are complete
• Reporting any signs of illness or injury to the Adoption Event Officer or in the crew’s Facebook group
• Reporting any concerns observed about the cats, customers that generate concerns or information imparted from the Petsmart staff
• Taking photos of the kitties if they’re doing something especially cute and posting them in the Facebook group
• Making sure KD signage and literature is available and clearly displayed
If you’re a dependable, responsible individual who loves kitties and would like to volunteer your time and energy to helping our foster kitties enjoy their in-store stay in their quest to find the perfect new forever home, we’re more than happy to welcome you to our Petsmart In-Store Volunteer crew!